As a core representative of your company, the CTO is likely to have to present something. This may be presenting a new app to the rest of the company, or presenting your technology at a developers' conference. Whatever it is, your public speaking abilities can help you find better developers and promote your company as innovative, as well as promote your own brand as a technologist.
- Moving from developer to CTO is a big transition…often requiring public speaking.…In this post-Ted world, technologists are not only…expected to speak publicly, they're expected to do it well.…There are a lot of instances that…may require public speaking.…You may be presenting to other departments and clients.…You may be presenting to user groups.…You might be pitching to investors and at pitch fests.…And you will invariably become the evangelist…for your product, and speak at conferences,…panel discussions and more.…
The good news is that you'll find…speaking about something you know about…and are excited about is not so bad…if you can overcome any anxiety you might have.…It's perfectly normal to be nervous before…speaking to a group of people,…called glossophobia.…It is the number one fear and…three out of four of us suffer from it.…In fact, that generally doesn't go away.…Though it does get better,…so don't beat yourself up about it.…In a lot of ways, public speaking is…simply about being prepared.…First, make sure you've organized what you're talking about.…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.