In this video, Emmanuel Henri goes through the questions and validations one must do to determine if the project is a great fit for AR.
- [Instructor] The next question you want to ask is,…is the project a great fit for an AR experience?…This is very important, because you don't want to fall…into the trap of building an app…that really doesn't add any value by using the AR approach…versus a regular app.…You shouldn't just create an AR application…simply because AR is the latest thing.…You need to consider whether an AR approach is the best way…for the user to do the thing you're trying to do.…In other words, would this app work better…if it wasn't an AR experience?…If the answer is yes or even maybe, then you might want…to reconsider approaching the project with AR.…
Let's take a look at what you need to validate it properly.…Does the app need the real environment to function…as opposed to a 3D virtual reality environment,…a 3D game environment,…or maybe even just a regular 2D environment?…If the answer is no, right there you should stop…and reconsider your approach.…Really take the time to think about this one.…Consider what the final user experience…
- What is AR?
- Examples of AR in action
- Four traits of successful AR applications
- Initial questions that occur while planning an AR project
- Interactions for AR
- Sizing the elements of an AR scene
- Methods for monetizing an AR application
- Unreal Engine and Unity