Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparation tips, part of Developer Career Paths and Certifications.
- [Narrator] After getting more informed…about all the opportunities in cybersecurity,…you may now be eager to find out…how to join the workforce.…Cybersecurity is one of those disciplines…that demands systematic training and education…for those who want to successfully pursue careers in them.…You definitely need guidance…in the form of a well-developed curriculum.…It's also tremendously helpful…if you have access to practitioners…who can give you insights…that can only be obtained in the trenches.…
Because of the diversity of career path…you can seek in cybersecurity,…it's important to decide on…which specialization to go after as soon as possible.…An ideal approach would be for you to develop…decent foundational knowledge in cybersecurity first,…before you make your own career path decisions.…What you learn from textbooks and in classrooms…may be quite different from what you could be experiencing…as a cybersecurity expert working on a particular problem.…
This is why it's important to have mentors…and internship opportunities as part of your preparation…
- Technical preparation for IT career paths
- Importance of soft skills
- Software engineering career options
- Careers in system administration
- Working in cybersecurity
- Careers in data science
- Working with machine learning
- Pursuing certifications
- Preparation tips
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of IT Developer Careers
2. Software Engineering
3. System Administration
5. Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.