Being in charge of budgets and financing is frequently a new experience for CTOs. In this video, learn about basic business accounting skills that can help you navigate the world of finance that you will undoubtedly need to refer to on occasion. Basic budgeting, profit and loss, EBITDA, and other accounting principles will be covered.
- [Instructor] At this point, looking at this movie title,…you might be asking what the heck P and L is.…The world of finance, like the world of tech,…is full of jargon.…In order to be an executive manager,…it will be important that you understand…some of the basic accounting terms…and what they mean.…Oh, and P and L means profit and loss.…The best way to think about this is…that there are a few key accounting elements…you should be able to read.…Balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements.…
And if you're at a larger company…or intend to grow with your company,…you should definitely know how to create budgets…and forecasts.…Let's take a look at these documents.…The balance sheet is also called a statement…of financial position.…It's purpose is to show the company's assets,…liabilities and owner's equity.…This document is used for investors to get…an insight into the company's value…and financial proposition.…In one section of the balance sheet are the types of assets.…Cash is an obvious one, as is inventory.…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.