Many CTOs explore the option of outsourcing some or all of their technology. Learn the right reasons for doing so, and when to keep it in house. Additionally, discover the costs and benefits of using overseas developers, and when it's better to work with an agency or use individuals.
- [Voiceover] Of the many important decisions…you make as CTO, one of the most important…will be when to build something in house,…versus when to outsource it.…In this movie we're going to look at the types…of outsourcing you can do,…and when you might want to consider it.…When deciding to outsource,…it's critical to first determine,…is what's being built a market differentiator,…will it increase your competitiveness in the marketplace,…increase profitability, and be unique to your business?…If it is, then you should build it.…Then, has it already been built?…Can you buy it, is there an open source version,…or set something up in the cloud?…Maybe with minor customization it can work.…
Sometimes this can be the first step to determine…if you need the app, or if there is a need for it,…and then you can customize or develop something…custom if it works.…The final question to ask, is this a one time thing,…or a limited engagement?…Even if it is core to your business,…if it is a shorter project it may not be worth hiring…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.