Join Barron Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Operational amplifier characteristics, part of Electronics Foundations: Semiconductor Devices.
- [Instructor] There's a wide variety…of operational amplifiers that have…different characteristics making them more suitable…for some applications than others.…And as with most things in life,…you can expect to pay more for the op-amp models…that have better performance characteristics.…For the op-amp circuits I'll be building in this course,…I'll use the LM358 operational amplifier.…It's a relatively low cost op-amp that works well enough…for most low-power hobbyist applications.…And as an added bonus, the LM358 actually contains…two separate op-amps within a single package,…which can come in handy when building complex designs…with multiple op-amps.…
Although there are other op-amps on the market…that have better performance characteristics,…I've found that the 358 is a good go-to part…for my own projects.…And it's a good one to start with for beginners.…As I describe some of the key characteristics…to consider when choosing an operational amplifier,…I'll be looking at the datasheet for the LM358.…To find that datasheet,…
- Semiconductor materials
- Diode applications
- Rectifying a signal
- Detecting the signal peak
- Protecting against large signals, reverse current, and flyback voltage
- Special purpose zener diodes, Schottky diodes, and photodiodes
- NPN and PNP bipolar junction transistors
- Using a BJT as a switch
- Field effect transistors
- Differences between BJTs and MOSFETs
- Operational amplifiers
- Op-amp applications
- Comparing signals
- Buffering signals
- Amplifying signals
- Filtering signals
- Combining signals
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning to use MakerBot 3D Printerswith Kacie Hultgren1h 5m Appropriate for all
2. Diode Applications
3. Special Purpose Diodes
4. Bipolar Junction Transistors
5. Transistor Applications
6. Field Effect Transistors
7. Operational Amplifiers
Feedback circuits6m 30s
8. Op-Amp Applications
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.