Dave Westerveld explains what was learned in this course, and where to go to continue learning about API testing.
- [Instructor] API testing is an important skill…for testers to have in the internet-connected world…in which we work.…As we wrap up this time that we spent together…dipping our toes in the waters of API testing,…I want to thank you for following along with me…in this course…We've learned a lot together…about how to approach and think about API testing.…We've learned a lot of terminology…and learned how to find the information that we need…when looking at API testing.…We've also been able to dive into trying things out…and we've been able to see things in the usage…of various APIs in action.…
We've seen throughout this course…that there's much more to dig into and learn.…This course has given you the building blocks…that you need to help you get started with API testing,…but the road ahead is one of continued learning.…This is a topic that is rich for continued learning.…There are many API testing tools…that can help you do what you need to do.…In this course for example,…we've primarily used Postman.…But there are many other tools like SoapUI or JMeter…
- Reviewing API terminology
- Mitigating risks related to testing APIs
- Mapping out the layout of an API
- API authorization and authentication
- Finding and using bearer tokens
- Testing GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE calls
- Using mocks, stubs, and fakes in API testing
- Testing microservices and the Internet of Things
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services and APIs
2. Getting Started with API Testing
3. API Authorization
Using OAuth tokens3m 28s
4. Hands-on API Testing
5. Additional API Testing Considerations
Next steps3m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.