Join Tom Duffy for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning iOS for Android Developers.
- [Thomas] You're already an Android developer.…You also know that you should probably support iOS, too.…I hope this course has shown you the possibilities,…as well as some of the potential pitfalls…that make iOS development both similar and distinct…from Android development.…In terms of online resources,…the place to start for iOS development…is the Apple Developer site.…For Android development,…head over to the Android Development Training site…at developer.android.com.…I also encourage you to join an online coding community.…
Three of my favorites are Stack Overflow,…the Android Dev and iOS Dev Subreddits,…and CodeProject.…If supporting multiple platforms…seems like more work than it's worth,…you should investigate some cross-platform tools.…You'll find a course I create in the library on Cordova,…an open source cross-platform tool.…Thank you for joining me for this course.…I wish you luck, and happy coding.…
- iOS platform architecture
- Generic smartphone app life cycle
- iOS app life cycle
- Object-oriented programming (OOP) and Swift
- Inheritance vs. delegation
- Getting started with Xcode
- Xcode vs. Android Studio
- Creating a simple Swift app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Platform Architectures
iOS platform architecture3m 12s
2. App Life Cycle
3. Programming Language
4. Development Tools
5. Build an App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.