While CTOs generally aren't in charge of marketing, in lean startups, it is very common that you will participate. It is also very common for the CTO to have a large hand in product launches, both in leading up to the launch, but often in actually executing the launch. In this video, learn different techniques for having private and public betas, soft launches, and hard launches.
- [Instructor] So you've done a great job…creating your product.…It looks great and does the job it needs to do,…and now it's time to release it to the world.…Depending on the size of your company,…you'll have a little or a lot of participation…in how this happens.…The bottom line is that you know your product,…and possibly your users, better than…anyone else in the organization.…So let's talk about how you can help.…If you're in a bootstrap or seed stage company,…you may be in charge of the whole thing.…If you have a marketing staff,…they still may have questions and want your participation.…
The main thing to know about successful product launches,…and this can be said for crowdfunding campaigns too,…is that they do not happen over night.…They require planning, and very often…the groundwork is laid months in advance.…It goes without saying that you need to make sure…your tech is in order,…tested, approved for the app store or Android marketplace,…ready for launch.…If you're worried about the tech,…or fulfillment, or otherwise getting overwhelmed,…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.