Join Peter Gruenbaum for an in-depth discussion in this video Markdown challenge, part of Learn API Documentation with JSON and XML.
- [Instructor] Time for a challenge…to let you actually write some markdown.…You'll get a chance to practice formatting,…as well as practice creating headings and tables.…You'll use the StackEdit online editor.…So let me show you what that looks like.…I've opened up a browser and I've gone to StackEdit.io,…and you can see there's…a Start writing now button right here.…I'll click on that.…So you'll ese an editor like this.…You might see some text on the left side.…If you have, you can just select it all and delete it,…but then you basically just type in the left side.…
This is my documentation,…and you'll immediately see it show up in the right side,…and if you add some special markdown,…like, say two asterisks on either side of documentation,…you'll see immediately that it bolds the documentation…on the right side.…So that's how you can see what you're doing.…Follow the instructions in the exercise file.…You'll find it in the Exercise Files folder…under Chapter 00.…It's the file named MarkdownChallenge.…Read through and try the exercise.…
- The purpose of documentation
- Data types
- Structured data
- Writing JSON and XML
- Documenting one-level JSON responses
- Documenting nested JSON responses
- XML attributes and examples
- Documenting XML
- Structuring data documentation
Skill Level Intermediate
Introduction to JSON and XML Documentation
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.