Join Dennis Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Localization management, part of Localization for Developers.
- One of the biggest goals in internationalizing your…product is to gather all of the content of your app…that needs translating into one location.…A localization solution is a kind of repository…for your application's content.…It isn't quite like using Git or SVN or other version…control repositories since the goal isn't keeping…track of code changes or forks in development,…but instead keeping track of every bit of text,…every image, and every individual item…that needs translating or adapting.…
It keeps all of these in one place,…and allows each language and locale…to have its own version of those items.…That way the solution can export a single…coherent package of all of the assets,…strings and media that are needed for an…application to run in a particular locale.…A good localization management system is going to have…features that actually help simplify the whole process.…Firstly, a good system will have a place for…comments and feedback on each individual item.…
This allows translators to ask questions when they need to,…
- Timing internationalization and localization efforts
- Researching localization targets
- Evaluating and localizing text
- Internationalizing media
- Converting to Unicode
- Supporting right-to-left languages
- Working with translators
- Testing your localization
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Internationalization and Localization
2. Internationalizing Content
Internationalizing media9m 25s
3. Internationalizing a GUI
4. Managing Localization
5. Modifying Your Quality-Assurance Strategy
Next steps2m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.