- iOS platform architecture
- Generic smartphone app life cycle
- iOS app life cycle
- Object-oriented programming (OOP) and Swift
- Inheritance vs. delegation
- Getting started with Xcode
- Xcode vs. Android Studio
- Creating a simple Swift app
Skill Level Beginner
- [Tom] If you're an Android developer who's been asked to support iOS too, then this is the course for you. Welcome. I'm Tom Duffy, Chair of the Computer Science Department at Norwalk Community College. I'll be your guide as we compare iOS development to that of Android. We'll start by examining the architecture of each platform. We'll be looking at Swift and comparing it to Java, and we'll even take a brief look at Objective-C. We'll also look at the development tools for each platform. We'll finish the course by building a simple app on both platforms.
Along the way, we'll find that from a high level, the development process is similar for both platforms. Looking deeper, we'll find some fundamental differences between the two and discover how to handle them. So what are you waiting for? Let's get busy.