This video compares scrum with Kanban and adds how scrum teams can apply Kanban to optimize and manage their process workflow effectively. It continues to discuss the application of software tools to Kanban.
- Both Kanban and Scrum support and facilitate agility.…Scrum is a framework…whereas Kanban is a visual process management tool.…Also, Scrum works at a higher level of abstraction…as compared to Kanban.…Both Kanban and Scrum are lightweight…and have very little prescription.…I would say that Kanban…is even less prescriptive than Scrum.…Kanban can be used with Scrum,…and this is often known as Scrumban.…
This means you have Scrum teams that follow Scrum…but use Kanban to visualize their work…and limit work in progress.…Developers love Kanban because of its simplicity.…Unlike Scrum, there are no mandatory events…like sprint planning or sprint review.…There are no artificial time boundaries…such as the sprint.…Work is pulled from the product backlog…and work items transition…through a continuously evolving work flow…to become finished products with business value.…
Kanban has a daily standup,…but the standup is focused just on bottlenecks…and ways to improve the process.…There are no mandatory roles in Kanban, either.…
- Agile principles
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and rules
- Common myths and misconceptions about agile approaches
- Agile software engineering techniques
- Extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD)
- Kanban for developers
- Limiting work in progress (WIP)
- Scaling the output of agile teams
Skill Level Beginner
Agile at Work: Building Your Agile Teamwith Doug Rose1h 4m Intermediate
DevOps Foundations: Lean and Agilewith Ernest Mueller1h 26m Beginner
What you should know1m 2s
1. Agile Fundamentals
2. Scrum: The Developer Perspective
3. Agile Software Engineering Techniques
4. Kanban for Developers
5. Scaling Agile
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.