This video is a quick look at Java, the language used to develop Android apps.
- [Instructor] Let's take a quick look at Java,…the programming language used to create Android apps.…Later, we'll explore Java in greater detail.…All Java classes have the same basic structure.…Most begin with a package declaration.…Packages are nothing more than…the combination of a unique identifier…and folder information where the Java code is stored.…They allow Java developers to keep…their codes separate from the code developed by others.…The convention is to use the URL…of a company website, because it's guaranteed to be unique.…The package declaration must be the…first uncommented line of code.…
Many Java classes make use of…classes outside of the package.…To use external resources, they must first be imported.…Import statements are placed outside the class declaration.…The class declaration is where you name…your class, specify its superclass,…if any, and specify any implemented interfaces.…The convention is to capitalize class names.…The class definition is placed…inside the class declaration's curly braces.…
- iOS platform architecture
- Generic smartphone app life cycle
- iOS app life cycle
- Object-oriented programming (OOP) and Swift
- Inheritance vs. delegation
- Getting started with Xcode
- Xcode vs. Android Studio
- Creating a simple Swift app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Platform Architectures
iOS platform architecture3m 12s
2. App Life Cycle
3. Programming Language
4. Development Tools
5. Build an App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.