As CTO, it will be very important for you to be constantly innovating. You are at the helm of your company's innovation, and it is your responsibility to make sure your apps are better than your competitor's and that you can quickly solve problems with innovative solutions. In this video, learn a few tricks that will help keep you and your team innovating.
- [Narrator] Let's face it, you want to be CTO…because you want to make cool new things…that no one else has done before,…but often, there's so much other stuff to do…that we lose track of this key aspect of our jobs.…It's important to take the time, though,…because it's your role to make sure your company…is ahead of the technology curve.…There are two layers of innovation, you and your team.…For yourself, it's important that you do the following:…Make sure to know your company's problems.…
This means talking with other departments,…and not just management and the CEO and your customers.…Ask, but also observe.…Are there processes that take a long time…that could be automated?…Are there constant complaints coming from anyone?…Also, what is working,…and can you replicate that in other areas?…Your customers will not tell you what they need.…It is very important that you understand…who your customer is and always be thinking…about how you can better help them.…For our food delivery service, we need to think…about the working parents and how we might help them…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.