Key performance indicators (KPIs) are data points that help you determine whether or not your product is working. It is very important to set KPIs to ensure that you can measure success and continually make your apps more efficient.
- [Voiceover] It is important, in business…and in our application development,…that we have a clear set of measurable…and obtainable objectives.…These items we call key performance indicators, or KPIs…and should be ways we can measure the effectiveness…and success of our applications.…Looking at some examples from our food subscription startup,…we may have the following KPIs:…the number of completed subscriptions,…number of skipped weeks, mobile app downloads,…and some other big ones.…
But it's important to get even more granular.…How many people are opening a specific screen in the app?…How many people view the details of menu items?…Note that KPIs are simply measures, not goals.…Of course, we can use these numbers to set goals.…But the main thing is to create these metrics…so we can get actionable data.…These data all relate to questions of…whether our apps are achieving our business objectives,…whether user flows are working,…and whether people are using the features we develop.…
It's important and worthwhile to spend some time…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.