Join Michael House for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of Virtual Reality Overview for Developers.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files, you can follow along with the code examples that I'll be working with in this course. I've downloaded the files here to my desktop. The exercise files contain a folder for each chapter in the course and, within each chapter, you'll find subfolders for each video. For each video, there is a Begin folder and and End folder. The End folder contains the finished project for each video in the course, which will be a handy reference. The Begin folder contains the state of the project at the beginning of the video and, in many cases, includes assets and scripts pre-added to the project.
I'll be working with Windows, but the exercise files are compatible with Unity, regardless of the operating system you'll be using. When opening a Begin project, if you see an Opening Project in Non-Matching Editor Installation error, this is fine, this just means that the project was saved in a different version than the one you're trying to open with. You can go ahead and press Continue to auto-import.
- The state of virtual reality
- VR user interfaces
- Setting up a development environment
- Setting up a project
- Creating scripts
- Adding a custom skybox
- Mobile device configuration
- VR cameras
- Interacting with the VR environment
- Spatial audio