During the entire planning process, you will be getting feedback from stakeholders, and hopefully from others inside your organization. This feedback can be very important, both for your career (as in absorbing the CEO's feedback) and for the app, and it is important to learn how to cull out the good feedback from the bad.
- [Instructor] As CTO, your products are your babies.…You put a lot of time, thought, and energy…into them at all phases, and as such,…it's really easy to get attached…to the designs, to the prototypes,…and to the application itself when it's done.…But no matter what, you're going to get negative feedback.…Yeah, there's going to be things people won't like,…but in this movie, we're going to talk about…how to handle taking this feedback.…Research has shown that our brains…have what's called a negativity bias.…Basically, we weigh negative more than positive.…
In fact, our brains spike more…when reacting to negative things than to positive things.…This could even lead us to see things…as negative when in fact, they aren't.…That said, there are ways to take criticism…that won't leave you or your team feeling bad.…An important thing to practice…is not to ever react right away to criticism.…Our first reaction tends to be emotional.…We get angry or sad or defensive.…It's important to withhold this reaction…as it generally won't do anything for us.…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.