No matter your app's focus, you will most likely have a server somewhere. Whether you are a SaaS provider, a mobile app company, or even a brick and mortar with mission critical apps, somewhere, you will have a server with very important data and functionality residing on it. As CTO, you will likely be responsible for this server. You must ensure that it performs, is backed up, and scales with your corporation.
- [Voiceover] Inevitably, your technology is going…to require hosting servers.…Whether your hosting just email on a website or…if you have an exposed API or a full-blown application,…you need to make sure you have a server that is reliable…and always accessible.…Fortunately, today's CTOs have many choices.…There are four basic options that you can use…to host your services.…Software as a Service, Traditional Hosting,…The Cloud and setting up your own servers.…
Let's take a look at each of these and when you…may want to use one or the other.…The most basic option you can choose is using…SAAS platforms to handle your apps.…For example, you could use Gmail to host your domain emails,…Shopify to host your e-commerce site,…or API services like Parse.…These solutions can be good 'cause it's so easy…to get up and running quickly.…They guarantee uptime.…And they handle a lot of items so you won't have to.…Using Gmail means you get their…spam filtering automatically.…
And accepting credit cards on Shopify is a snap…that requires no coding whatsoever.…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.