In this video, learn what you can expect when scaling based on what phase of company you are in—lean, growth and small-to-medium enterprise. This includes some basic management hierarchies, hosting options, and processes.
- [Narrator] The role of CTO will change as a company grows.…In this movie, we're going to discuss…what the CTO role will look like…at companies of different sizes…and what you will need to do to transition at each point.…First, I should note that there's a lot of variation…from company to company on the role of the CTO.…Some CTOs are product visionaries.…Others focus more on infrastructure.…Some are more externally facing.…It really depends on the business,…the CEO and the skills of the CTO.…
That said, here's a break down of what it might look like…at different levels.…There's really only one element that will dictate growth…and role change for the CTO…and that's the size of your team.…There are basically four different levels.…Early startups, pre or post-seed…and small companies will have three or fewer people…in technology and development.…At this phase, you will be wearing a lot of hats…almost always including programmer.…The main challenge at this level is to stay proactive…and forward thinking when you're face down in code.…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.