- How to approach problems
- Things to consider when preparing to program
- Overview of common coding languages
- How to think like a mobile app developer
- The importance of planning
- Breaking problems into smaller chunks
- How to think like a data scientist
- The importance of code efficiency
- Organizing code with color-coding and comments
Skill Level Beginner
- [Kathryn] Technology can be daunting. Usually, some sci-fi show, or a lone, nerdy genius programmer comes to mind when you think computer science. But the process is much more creative and approachable than it seems. Hi, my name is Kathryn Hodge, and I'm a software engineer that's super passionate about technology. In this course, I'll show you how engineers approach problems, and the type of thinking that goes into solving them. We'll also go into what it's like to create a website or an app, and even go into a bit of analytics. I started learning just like this, by watching videos and digging through the code myself.
And, who knows? After this, you might also become a computer scientist yourself. I'm so excited to share this with you, so let's get started.