As a manager, you always hope that you hire the right people, and that you are able to train and nurture them to be an optimal team, but there are times when you need to get rid of people. Learn how to recognize toxic people, and how to expunge them before they poison your team. In addition, learn how to let people down easy in those times when you have to lay off employees for reasons beyond your control.
- [Narrator] As a manager, like it or not,…sometimes you have to fire people.…And yes, it's hard if you have to lay off people…because you don't get a round of funding…or because of cutbacks,…but this movie isn't about that,…this movie is about deciding…when you need to fire specific people.…You've done your best, you've hired a great team,…but sometimes it happens, the toxic element,…the person, who if left in place,…will start bringing your team down.…The key is isolating the person who just needs more work…or different work, or something else,…from the person that's going to be a toxic element.…
Whenever you have troubles in your team,…the first thing to do is determine if you can help it.…Fewer than one in three workers…are committed to the success of their organization…and over half say they are disengaged…and do nothing more than the minimum to keep their job.…That's a lot of people and you want to make sure…that you're doing everything you can…to encourage communication,…inspire people to want to help the company…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.