Making sure that everyone communicates is a key aspect of running a smooth technology team. Learn a number of techniques and technologies you can use to enhance communications and make sure that everyone knows what everyone else is working on, that they are doing it correctly, and that breakdowns can be resolved efficiently.
- [Instructor] Probably the most important…and least discussed factors of managing a team…is ensuring good communication.…One of the key studies that we can draw on…regarding team communication was done…by MIT's Human Dynamics Lab.…A lab dedicated to look at human behaviors using big data.…This study was done in 2012 by looking at communication…amongst employees in a call center…and had some valuable results.…One of the key findings of this study…was a reinforcement of the idea discussed…in the Corporate Culture movie.…
The number one important thing about team communication,…is that everyone is talking and feels free to do so.…35% of team performance can be explained by the number…of face-to-face interactions of each of the team members.…There are three key elements to communication,…energy, engagement and exploration.…Energy is measured by the number and nature of exchanges,…from a simple nod to gesturing and speaking.…In a meeting you can have many exchanges…taking place simultaneously.…
Face-to-face exchange is the most valuable form of exchange.…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.