This video continues the discussion on DevOps and introduces the concepts of continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and continuous deployment to optimize the software deployment pipeline. It continues to explain agile and DevOps as complementary approaches.
- DevOps is the culture and practice…of closer cooperation between developers and QA teams,…or dev, and IT operations, or ops, DevOps.…This type of cooperation is not created in a vacuum,…it's created by a change in mindset,…which includes collective responsibility…throughout the deployment pipeline.…It includes learning and implementing…integration practices and patterns.…
It also includes the use of tools to automate…various processes, ranging from build automation…to automated acceptance testing,…to programmatically provisioning and configuring…infrastructure to automated monitoring…of deployed applications.…Most importantly, DevOps enables organizations…to deploy fixes and new features to users quickly…and keep deployments more stable.…This reduces lead time on the work items,…which is perfectly aligned with the Lean Principles,…which we will discuss more later.…
There are three key aspects to DevOps.…Continuous integration, or CI,…is the practice of frequently committing changes…to the main trunk in source control…
- Agile principles
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and rules
- Common myths and misconceptions about agile approaches
- Agile software engineering techniques
- Extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD)
- Kanban for developers
- Limiting work in progress (WIP)
- Scaling the output of agile teams
Skill Level Beginner
Agile at Work: Building Your Agile Teamwith Doug Rose55m 3s Intermediate
DevOps Foundations: Lean and Agilewith Ernest Mueller1h 26m Intermediate
What you should know1m 2s
1. Agile Fundamentals
2. Scrum: The Developer Perspective
3. Agile Software Engineering Techniques
4. Kanban for Developers
5. Scaling Agile
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.