Learn how to implement dynamic data masking in your SQL Server 2017 database, and create and change masking functions.
- [Instructor] So let's jump into…our dynamic data masking demo.…The first thing I want you note…is that if you're doing this demo at home,…this feature's already been configured…in your Adventureworks2016 database,…and what we're gonna do in this demo is…kind of go through, show you how it works initially,…and then we're gonna take it apart,…and do some other things.…So the first thing we'll do is select star…from the sales.customerPII table.…By the way, it's not a best practice…to put all your personally identifiable information…in a table called CustomerPII.…Hackers have a easy enough job as it is,…and if you save that, it's even easier.…
And so here I see they're using always encrypted,…'cause we have social security number…and credit card number in encrypted formats.…But I also see email address and phone number,…and since I'm logged in as system administrator,…I can see the full values of these,…but if I execute a query as Michael9,…who's in my SalesPersons group,…I'm gonna see slightly different values.…So when I look at email address and phone number,…
- Designing row-level security
- Using views to implement row-level security in SQL Server pre-2016
- Data encryption
- Configuring Always Encrypted
- Dynamic data masking
Skill Level Beginner
SQL Server 2017: Linux, Docker, and macOSwith Adam Wilbert1h 44m Intermediate
SQL Server Performance for Developerswith Joey D'Antoni3h 44m Intermediate
Course software1m 3s
1. Row-Level Security (RLS)
2. Encryption in SQL Server
3. Data Masking in SQL Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.