Azure Key Vault provides additional layers of protection for you encryption keys. Learn how to use it with Always Encrypted.
- So, if you're following along with the demos,…You'll note that this is still the two six demo script.…Its the same script we used, we're just gonna demonstrate…a different key storage mechanism so,…once again, the first thing I'm gonna do is…use the Adventure Works database…in twenty sixteen CTP3 on line one,…and then I'm gonna make a copy of…the human resources dot employee table…in human resources AE.…So, we are gonna go through the same process…of navigating to that table and encrypt the columns.…The big difference here is when we get…to the master key configuration.…
Choose national ID, deterministic encryption,…and we're gonna use a new column encryption key.…And we'll do the same with birth dates,…so, we'll say randomized encryption again,…and use that master key seven.…So here, instead of using the Windows certificate store,…I'm gonna use Azure Key Vault.…The interesting thing about using Azure Key Vault,…is you can just specify your code…by importing a couple of libraries…that will integrate with Azure Key Vault to go get the key.…
- Designing row-level security
- Using views to implement row-level security in SQL Server pre-2016
- Data encryption
- Configuring Always Encrypted
- Dynamic data masking
Skill Level Beginner
SQL Server 2017: Linux, Docker, and macOSwith Adam Wilbert1h 44m Intermediate
SQL Server Performance for Developerswith Joey D'Antoni3h 44m Intermediate
Course software1m 3s
1. Row-Level Security (RLS)
2. Encryption in SQL Server
3. Data Masking in SQL Server
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.