If you are working at a startup, a key part of the role of CTO will be to communicate the technology vision to investors, advisors, and partners. As such, you will need to contribute information to creating your company deck, and you will very likely have to take part in the pitching process to investors, incubators, accelerators, and potential partners.
- [Instructor] If you get involved as a CTO for a startup,…there's a good chance you're going to be included…in the fundraising process.…This means you should have some basic understanding…of decks, pitching and the fundraising process…which is what we'll talk about in this movie.…Until a startup is up and running,…they often need to raise funds to cover expenses.…Some businesses are able to get traditional funding…through the Small Business Association and banks…but many companies that rely on technology…can't go that route so they must raise money…through family and friends, angels and venture capitalists…and lately to a smaller degree, crowdfunding.…
For some companies, the right thing to do is to bootstrap.…Bootstrapping is putting together what you can of a company…to prove the market and show the potential for revenue…before raising funds.…Well, this is a very valid approach.…This isn't really fundraising.…If you can grow a company organically, more power to you…but for most startups,…they'll eventually need to raise funds.…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.