One of the key impacts a CTO can have on his organization is the creation of a corporate culture that inspires people to be productive, inspired, and happy with their work environment. Setting the right culture can determine how innovative your products are, how long people stay, and possibly whether your product will succeed in the marketplace.
- [Instructor] Finding good employees is time consuming…and extremely challenging.…So once you find good people,…you want to make sure to have a workplace…they want to be a part of,…that you utilize them to the best of their abilities…and that they stick around for a while.…A quick fact, a Johns Hopkins University study found…that 95% of employees valued corporate culture…more than compensation and it makes sense.…Where we work is where we spend most of our time…so we want it to be rewarding and enjoyable.…So what exactly do we mean by corporate culture?…It's certainly everywhere.…
According to an MIT study, 85% of Fortune 500 companies…speak to corporate culture on their websites.…Simply put, a corporate culture is this.…"A system of shared values defining what is important…"and norms defining appropriate attitudes and behaviors."…Creating corporate culture is more…than just saying what you value.…It's about backing it up with actions,…stories, hires and rewards.…Corporate culture is a commitment…and as CTO, you're going to need to be committed to it.…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.