Processes can help you overcome sticky personnel issues, coding problems, communication gaps, and many of the other issues that arise when managing a group of people. In this video, learn how to spot areas that are ripe for solutions by process, and how to create processes that are effective, and most importantly, that people will use.
- [Narrator] In a business it's important…to have processes in place.…This can be how you onboard clients,…start a new project, or work with others.…These processes are ways to decrease friction,…and improve productivity, and will be your job…to implement them and constantly refine them,…to make things go as smoothly as possible.…A process is simply a stated way to do something.…It can be enforced through software,…for example, marking an item as complete…in project management software,…or it can be simply a series of steps you take…when you first start a project.…
The purpose of a process is to make sure…things get done in the same way every time,…avoiding mistakes and easing friction…when multiple people are involved.…Here's how you know when you need a process.…Something keeps getting done incorrectly or takes too long.…No one knows what anyone else is doing.…There is confusion and or casting of blame,…or there is friction.…Continual improvement process, also called CI or CIP,…is a meta process, which is to say it's the process…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.