Join Barron Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Combine signals, part of Electronics Foundations: Semiconductor Devices.
- [Narrator] Operational amplifiers got their name because…they can be used to implement mathematical operations.…For example, an amplifier circuit that increases or…decreases the voltage of a signal by some amount of gain…is mathematically equivalent to multiplication and division.…The circuit is multiplying an input voltage by some gain…value to produce a larger or smaller output.…Other op amp circuits exists that can implement…mathematical operations including; addition, subtraction,…integration, and differentiation.…
For this video, I'll be focusing on an op amp circuit…that's capable of adding multiple voltages together…known as a summing amplifier.…To create a summing amplifier, I'll begin with the…inverting amplifier configuration.…And then, I'll connect another input resistor to the…op amp's inverting terminal.…The circuit now has two input terminals that I can connect…to different input voltage sources, which are referred to as…Va and Vb.…I'll also give each of the two input resistors their own…unique names referring to them as Ra and Rb.…
- Semiconductor materials
- Diode applications
- Rectifying a signal
- Detecting the signal peak
- Protecting against large signals, reverse current, and flyback voltage
- Special purpose zener diodes, Schottky diodes, and photodiodes
- NPN and PNP bipolar junction transistors
- Using a BJT as a switch
- Field effect transistors
- Differences between BJTs and MOSFETs
- Operational amplifiers
- Op-amp applications
- Comparing signals
- Buffering signals
- Amplifying signals
- Filtering signals
- Combining signals
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning to use MakerBot 3D Printerswith Kacie Hultgren1h 5m Appropriate for all
2. Diode Applications
3. Special Purpose Diodes
4. Bipolar Junction Transistors
5. Transistor Applications
6. Field Effect Transistors
7. Operational Amplifiers
Feedback circuits6m 30s
8. Op-Amp Applications
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.