Measuring and understanding data and analytics is a key role of the CTO. It is important that you gather data (especially in regards to your KPI) and both understand it and use it, as well as present it to relevant parties within your organization. Learn some of the key tools you can use to do this, and see sample analytics to better understand how you can capitalize on data.
- Capturing data and reporting metrics is a key objective…of CTOs in any organization.…As such it will be important you have…a basic grasp on this topic.…It's a huge topic and ranges from having web analytics…tools to big data engines like Kadoo.…But let's have a look at some of the key concepts.…First let's look at some of the core metrics…that should be tracked in any organization…so you know what they are.…Customer acquisition cost or CAC is an important…data point that will drive marketing.…
This will vary based on your industry,…marketing methodologyies and more.…It can be derived in its simplest form as…advertising spending to customer acquisition rates.…For example, if we spend a hundred dollars…on Facebook advertising and attain twenty new customers…from that, we can say that we have CAC…of five dollars per customer.…While some startups may be able to use this simple…formula, larger companies will have to calculate…in many other forms of advertising into this formula.…But you get the basic idea.…Lifetime value or LTV is another key metric.…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.