Join Barron Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video BJT characteristics, part of Electronics Foundations: Semiconductor Devices.
- [Instructor] There are several varieties…of bipolar junction transistors…that are rated to handle different amounts of voltage,…current, and power for different types of applications.…For every different type of NPN transistor,…there's a complementary PNP counterpart…with similar characteristics to go along with it.…For example, the B547 is a common NPN transistor…that works well for low-powered applications…with moderately high voltages and current.…Its PNP counterpart is the BC557.…
The BC337 and BC327…are another complementary pair of transistors…that can handle a bit more current than the BC547 and 557.…The TIP29 and TIP30 transistors are designed…for medium power switching applications…and can dissipate up to two or three watts,…and their high-powered cousins,…the TIP3055 and TIP2955 can dissipate up to 90 watts.…For this video, I'll dive into the datasheet…for a transistor known as the 2N3904 to discuss…several of the important characteristics to consider…when choosing the right transistor to use for a project.…
- Semiconductor materials
- Diode applications
- Rectifying a signal
- Detecting the signal peak
- Protecting against large signals, reverse current, and flyback voltage
- Special purpose zener diodes, Schottky diodes, and photodiodes
- NPN and PNP bipolar junction transistors
- Using a BJT as a switch
- Field effect transistors
- Differences between BJTs and MOSFETs
- Operational amplifiers
- Op-amp applications
- Comparing signals
- Buffering signals
- Amplifying signals
- Filtering signals
- Combining signals
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning to use MakerBot 3D Printerswith Kacie Hultgren1h 5m Appropriate for all
2. Diode Applications
3. Special Purpose Diodes
4. Bipolar Junction Transistors
5. Transistor Applications
6. Field Effect Transistors
7. Operational Amplifiers
Feedback circuits6m 30s
8. Op-Amp Applications
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.