Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Agile programming techniques, part of Agile Development Practices.
- [Instructor] If you've ever wondered…what programming methodologies…go well with Agile Development,…look no further than Pair Programming…and Test-Driven Development.…Full disclosure, there are many, many more.…But these two are the most likely…to deliver immediate value to you and your team,…if you're not already implementing them.…Let's start with Pair Programming first,…because honestly, it's my favorite.…Two developers sit at one computer,…one writing code, the other watching and offering advice,…direction, and possible improvements.…
We call whoever is writing the code, the driver.…You can either set time limits for when to switch roles,…or simply go until the current driver gets stuck.…The benefits of this strategy are many.…First, you get code that is written by two people.…This will often result in less errors,…and more elegant coding solutions.…Second, each member of a team will get to work…with each other one on one.…Since you want to change the pairings on a daily basis,…if your team size can handle it,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Planning and design
- Developing flexible architecture
- Documentation considerations
- When to optimize
- Determining velocity
- Agile programming techniques
- Testing and handling bugs
- Structuring a release pipeline