In this video, Emmanuel Henri introduces the Unreal Engine as well as its features, business model, and what type of experience a developer should have.
- [Instructor] Let's start with Unreal Engine.…So go to unrealengine.com,…and once you're on the site just click on about,…then overview, and you should be at the same area I am.…If you scroll down a little bit…once you enjoy watching all the videos here,…scroll down a little bit, and just stop here.…I wanted to show you outside…of AR what Unreal really offers.…They actually support all these platforms that you see here.…
So if we want to learn gaming, or we want to learn…how to put a game together Unreal,…and Unity as well, are really two good platforms…to basically do anything that's related to VR, AR,…or gaming as a whole, even 2D or 3D.…So these are all the platforms that they actually cover.…Let's go ahead and continue our exploration.…If you want to learn, basically, have a full learn section,…there's a lot of video tutorials,…and there's a lot of documentation.…
And the community is really strong,…so if you are struggling, or if you are having any issues…with Unreal, there's tons of resources to learn.…
- What is AR?
- Examples of AR in action
- Four traits of successful AR applications
- Initial questions that occur while planning an AR project
- Interactions for AR
- Sizing the elements of an AR scene
- Methods for monetizing an AR application
- Unreal Engine and Unity