- Reviewing API terminology
- Mitigating risks related to testing APIs
- Mapping out the layout of an API
- API authorization and authentication
- Finding and using bearer tokens
- Testing GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE calls
- Using mocks, stubs, and fakes in API testing
- Testing microservices and the Internet of Things
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Dave] Many software testers can sense that there is change afoot in the software testing world. Testers are finding that more testing jobs want you to have coding skills. The world of software itself is changing. No longer is it about a package that you install on your PC. The ability to quickly understand and analyze an API, will be a key skill for testers to have. You don't need to learn how to code to be an effective tester in this realm, but you do need to learn about APIs and how they work. In this course, I show you the basic foundations that underlie effective API testing.
I will also demonstrate how to leverage APIs in various ways to help improve efficiencies of testing, and I do all this with examples and exercises. The best way to learn is by doing, and so in this course I provide you with hands-on challenges that help you put into practice the ideas and concepts you're learning. Hi, I'm Dave Westerveld. I've been testing for many years, and I'm excited to share with you some of what I've learned about API testing in this course, API Testing Foundations. So join me, and let's start testing.