In order to improve KPIs, it is important to test different user interface and user experience elements to find the best ways to accomplish tasks. A/B testing is the process of testing two different options to find the best, and multivariate testing is testing multiple elements simultaneously. Implementing this kind of testing can be critical to optimizing your apps.
- [Instructor] Analytics can tell us a lot about our apps…and their effectiveness, whether we're getting more sales…or sign-ups and how users are using them.…But what they won't tell us, is how to fix their problems.…And that is where testing comes in.…Let's first look at the old way.…We'll use our food subscription service business scenario.…Let's say we want to improve our conversions…when people come to subscription screen for the first time.…What we used to do, was guess what might work, implement it…and then check analytics to see if our numbers improved.…
But this creates a problem, maybe the numbers improve…for unrelated reasons, for example, maybe your…marketing department started using better targeting…for their ads, so you're simply getting users who…are more inclined to buy.…Put it a more scientific manner, we had no control variable.…So the better way to do this is through testing.…A/B testing is the simplest form of testing.…It involves changing a single element…or single screen, then using a special script…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.