Dig into the history of Snapchat including vision, features, and user demographics. Plus, learn about ephemeral messages, the feature that Snapchat is best known for.
- [Teacher] Imagine you're a 23 year old…and Facebook offered you $3 billion…for your two year old startup that had no revenue…and around 30 million users.…You'd jump at the offer, wouldn't you?…Well, if you were Evan Spiegel, Snpachat's founder and CEO,…you'd turn it down.…You see, Spiegel had bigger dreams for his company…and the vision to realize them a few short years later…in an IPO that valued Snap Inc. at $28 billion.…The company is anything but an ordinary business.…
Here's how they described themselves, and I'm quoting.…"Snap Inc. is a camera company.…"We believe that reinventing the camera…"represents our greatest opportunity to improve…"the way people live and communicate.…"Our products empower people to express themselves,…"live in the moment, learn about the world,…"and have fun together."…Like Instagram, Snapchat is a mobile first platform,…but unlike Instagram, you can't see any of your snaps…or activities on a desktop.…Snapchat's biggest appeal is its audience,…young people who are hard to engage on other platforms.…
- Describe the differences between Snapchat and Facebook.
- Explain how to align Snapchat with your content marketing plan.
- Define augmented reality as it relates to Snapchat lenses.
- Summarize how to create a Snapchat story.
- Name the different types of ads on Snapchat.
- Identify the tools you can use to measure success on Snapchat.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/10/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: decoding the mystery of Snapchat, reviewing Snapchat products and features, snapping like a pro, and aligning Snapchat with your content marketing plans.