- Describe the differences between Snapchat and Facebook.
- Explain how to align Snapchat with your content marketing plan.
- Define augmented reality as it relates to Snapchat lenses.
- Summarize how to create a Snapchat story.
- Name the different types of ads on Snapchat.
- Identify the tools you can use to measure success on Snapchat.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Martin] Every social media platform has its own set of characteristics and quirks. That's what attracts users and keeps them coming back. And when marketers learn how to play by the rules, they become part of the community and can achieve their business goals. In this course, we are going to demystify Snapchat and its non-linear content flow. We'll talk about what the app does best and how to use Snap's creative tools in your stories and ads to engage your customers.
Hi, I'm Martin Waxman, an independent PR agency owner. I conduct social media training workshops for companies of all sizes and I teach social media. I've also been known to snap a decent selfie. I'm going to take you through Snapchat, from its home screen camera, to its simple, yet sometimes baffling navigation. We'll create a Snapchat Story and I'll offer ideas on how and when to use its augmented reality lenses, Geofilters, emoji, and bitmoji.
We're also going to look at the various ad options and demo how to create an on-demand Geofilter. And I'll show you how to use Snapchat to target and reach your audience and measure success. So, pick out your lens and Geofilter, add some emoji, and look in the camera. Are you ready for your Snapchat selfie? Let's get started.
Q: This course was updated on 05/10/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: decoding the mystery of Snapchat, reviewing Snapchat products and features, snapping like a pro, and aligning Snapchat with your content marketing plans.