See what elements make up a Snapchat Story. Plus, get tips for how to create a story that appeals to your customers.
- [Instructor] One of Snapchat's best features is Stories,…which are short episodic narratives…that combine images, text, emoji, and video…to capture an event, announcement, special occasion,…or just a day in the life.…In fact, Snapchat Stories were so popular…Instagram and Facebook launched their own versions.…But Snapchat pioneered the format…and it's one of the most effective ways for brands…to connect with users on the app.…
So how do you get started?…It may sound obvious, but the first thing you want to do…is come up with a big idea for your Story.…An event or product launch on their own just aren't enough.…Consider, what makes your Story stand out?…What you're trying to show?…And what your call to action will be?…The framework may be episodic,…but you can add a focus or plot that keeps users tuned in.…Once you have your idea, create a rough storyboard…to visualize the scenes and flow.…
You can do it digitally…or prepare a storyboard the old fashioned way…by drawing it out on a piece of paper,…like panels in a cartoon.…
- Building your Snapchat team
- Aligning Snapchat with your content marketing plan
- Creating Snaps
- Working with free and sponsored Lenses
- Creating a Snapchat Story
- Snap Ads and sponsored content
- Developing and submitting a sponsored Geofilter
- Measuring success
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/10/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: decoding the mystery of Snapchat, reviewing Snapchat products and features, snapping like a pro, and aligning Snapchat with your content marketing plans.