Smoke 2015 Essential Training
Autodesk Smoke's interface and workflow make it accessible to editors who want not only the power of its finishing tools, but also an intuitive and welcoming interface. Amy Leland introduces you to this powerful video editing platform and reviews the workflows for timeline editing, color correction, 3D animation and compositing, and motion graphics. This course follows the workflow of a Smoke project, allowing editors to learn the major stepping-stones in the finishing process, from importing media to exporting your final project. Highlights include adding effects and transitions, working with 3D animation and other Action effects, color correcting footage, and creating 3D text.
- Creating a project and user
- Importing and organizing media
- Editing in the timeline
- Trimming in the timeline
- Connecting scenes with transitions
- Using timeline effects like 2D Transform and Action
- Color correcting
- Adding 3D objects to a scene
- Working with titles and 3D text
- Exporting your final project
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Amy Leland, and I'd like to welcome you to the Smoke 2015 Essentials Training course. In this course, I'm going to take you through the entire process of creating and finishing a video inside of Smoke. We'll begin with the available options for importing media into your Smoke project. From there, we'll go to the editing tools. We'll look at the nonlinear editing tools inside of Smoke as well as the trim tools. After that, we'll step into the effects and finishing areas of smoke, including timeline transitions, timeline clip effects, and color correction.
After that, we'll get to the Connect Effects area inside of Smoke, where you can do some really exciting effects, including the action area, which allows us to do 3D animation. We'll finish up with some titles and some audio mixing and finally export and archive our project. My hope is that through this overview of the essential elements of Smoke you'll be able to create and finish wonderful projects of your very own inside of Smoke 2015, so let's get started.
Smoke 2013 Essential Training24,489 Views
mocha 4 Essential Training49,106 Views
Fusion 7: Getting Started24,773 Views
Creating a Show Open in Nuke X and CINEMA 4D15,635 Views
VFX Techniques: Creating a CG Flag with Nuke X and CINEMA 4D9,196 Views
DaVinci Resolve 11 Essential Training643,812 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,632,490 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)1,822,562 Views
Deke's Techniques1,567,617 Views
Video Gear Weekly784,016 Views