- View Offline
This course was created and produced by Amy Leland. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- Creating a project and user
- Importing with MediaHub and the Media Library
- Drag-and-drop editing in the timeline
- Adding cutaways with three-point editing
- Creating dissolve and wipe transitions
- Keying green-screen media
- Performing primary and secondary color corrections
- Composing in ConnectFX
- Importing layered Photoshop files
- Using 3D text
- Editing and mixing audio
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Amy Leland and I'd like to welcome you to the Smoke 2013 Essentials Training Course. In this course, I'm going to take you through the entire process of creating and finishing a video inside of Smoke. We'll begin with the available options for importing media into your Smoke project. From there, we'll go to the editing tools. We'll look at the non-linear editing tools inside of Smoke, as well as the new trim tools. After that, we'll step into the effects and finishing areas of Smoke, including timeline transitions, timeline clip effects, and color correction.
After that, we'll get to the Connect-Effects area inside of Smoke, where you can do some really exciting effects, including the action area, which allows us to do 3D animation. We'll finish up with some titles and some audio mixing, and finally, export and archive our project. My hope is that, through this overview of the essential elements of Smoke, you'll be able to create and finish wonderful projects of your very own, inside of Smoke 2013. So let's get started.