Join Jason Matthews for an in-depth discussion in this video Uploading to Smashwords, part of Learning Ebook Publishing.
- Okay, a smart next stop if you're publishing…at more retailers is Smashwords.…Go to Smashwords and click on the Publish button.…Now, after you've done Amazon,…this is gonna be nearly identical.…Okay, obviously fill in your title,…immediate release or preorder.…At Smashwords, you get a long description…and a short description.…Some retailers will show the long description,…other retailers will show the short description.…Again, make it your best. You gotta hook readers.…
You can either make your book free…or you can charge a specific amount.…I don't recommend the let my readers determine my price,…that just seems kind of silly.…You can also determine how much sampling you enable.…Smashwords recommends 20%, I think that's a good idea.…This is different than Amazon.…Amazon just gives a flat 10% of each book.…But at Smashwords, you get to determine…the amount of sampling, so that's kinda cool.…Choosing categories is gonna be similar to Amazon…so just take your time and get as specific as you can.…
Tags are gonna be just like keywords…
Jason also reviews crucial details such as table of contents formatting and cover design, and he shows how to upload the complete ebook package to all the major retailers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and others. The final chapter of the course explains how to market your ebook, including setting up a website, finding fans on social media, and engaging with reviewers and bloggers.
- Understanding ebook retail and distribution
- Formatting ebooks for Amazon
- Formatting ebooks for other retailers
- Designing a table of contents
- Adding chapter text and images
- Designing a cover for an ebook
- Uploading ebooks to retailers
- Marketing your ebook
Skill Level Beginner
Ebook Retailer Overview
Formatting Interior Documents: Amazon
Formatting Interior Documents: Other Retailers
Cover Design Creation
Introductory thoughts4m 9s
Uploading to Retailers
Marketing and Author Platform
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.