Join Jason Matthews for an in-depth discussion in this video Uploading to Kobo, part of Learning Ebook Publishing.
- If you want to upload directly to Kobo,…Writing Life is their platform.…And basically, from your eBooks tab…you're gonna click on the Create new eBook link.…Now, this is all very self-explanatory,…and if you've been uploading to other retailers,…you're probably getting to be a whiz at this.…So we're gonna go to the next step,…which is Add eBook Content,…and we're gonna search for our content.…Usually the Amazon version that you have…works well at Kobo.…
You do wanna delete any Amazon links.…If you have links at the end that go…to books at Amazon, for example.…And just click the Upload button.…And it's going to convert…our Microsoft Word document to EPUB.…You could also upload your EPUB.…Either way is fine.…Now once that's done, we're gonna X out of here.…Now, you could preview your book, of course,…which is fine.…You can use Caliber to preview it…or any other EPUB preview program that you have.…
I wanna show you what's really unique…and different about Kobo, is the in-house editing function.…So if you click on Edit this Book,…
Jason also reviews crucial details such as table of contents formatting and cover design, and he shows how to upload the complete ebook package to all the major retailers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and others. The final chapter of the course explains how to market your ebook, including setting up a website, finding fans on social media, and engaging with reviewers and bloggers.
- Understanding ebook retail and distribution
- Formatting ebooks for Amazon
- Formatting ebooks for other retailers
- Designing a table of contents
- Adding chapter text and images
- Designing a cover for an ebook
- Uploading ebooks to retailers
- Marketing your ebook
Skill Level Beginner
Ebook Retailer Overview
Formatting Interior Documents: Amazon
Formatting Interior Documents: Other Retailers
Cover Design Creation
Introductory thoughts4m 9s
Uploading to Retailers
Marketing and Author Platform
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.