Join Jason Matthews for an in-depth discussion in this video Uploading to Google Play, part of Learning Ebook Publishing.
- Honestly, Google partner Play is the strangest…of all the retailers I've encountered.…I used to consider them optional for that reason.…But they do sell a fair number of my books,…and so I recommend them a bit more.…Just be prepared for a few headaches…and a little less familiarity…if you do work with Google.…Now, Google's the only place…that does not accept 'Microsoft Word, okay?…They're rebels.…Instead, they take ePub and PDF.…
And in fact, they recommend that you upload both versions.…Now, from the Google Play Books Partner Center,…you're going to want to click on the tab…that says, "Continue to Partner Center."…And from there you can click on the tab…that says, "Book Catalog."…And then choose Add Book.…Now again, ISBNs for ebooks are optional.…If you've already bought one for your ebook,…you can fill that in there.…Otherwise, just click the box that says,…"This book doesn't have an ISBN,"…and click Create.…
As with the other ones, the title,…subtitle, description, things like that,…you can fill this all in.…You, the author, are going to be the contributor…
Jason also reviews crucial details such as table of contents formatting and cover design, and he shows how to upload the complete ebook package to all the major retailers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and others. The final chapter of the course explains how to market your ebook, including setting up a website, finding fans on social media, and engaging with reviewers and bloggers.
- Understanding ebook retail and distribution
- Formatting ebooks for Amazon
- Formatting ebooks for other retailers
- Designing a table of contents
- Adding chapter text and images
- Designing a cover for an ebook
- Uploading ebooks to retailers
- Marketing your ebook
Skill Level Beginner
Ebook Retailer Overview
Formatting Interior Documents: Amazon
Formatting Interior Documents: Other Retailers
Cover Design Creation
Introductory thoughts4m 9s
Uploading to Retailers
Marketing and Author Platform
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.