Join Jason Matthews for an in-depth discussion in this video Uploading to Draft2Digital, part of Learning Ebook Publishing.
- Some authors may prefer Draft2Digital…as their distributor than Smashwords…because they don't have complex formatting required.…Anything you send to them,…they're going to make an ebook with it.…Now if you want to upload to Draft2Digital,…just click on the My Books link,…and then click ADD NEW BOOK.…And the very first thing you're going…to be asked to do is to Upload your Book File.…Now I find my Amazon version actually…works pretty well here.…
If you do choose your Amazon version,…make sure you don't have any Amazon links at the end.…Ok now it's uploading and we can fill out…some of the boxes here,…and again there's going to be a lot…of really self-explanatory stuff, ok?…A Description, Search Terms,…this is going to be like keywords,…so if you wrote a book on time travel, fill that in.…Fill in anything you can think of…keyword-related to your book.…
Obviously your name should be in there as an author.…A description again, you know make it a good one.…I can't recommend that enough.…Publisher's got to be done, ISBN again is optional,…
Jason also reviews crucial details such as table of contents formatting and cover design, and he shows how to upload the complete ebook package to all the major retailers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and others. The final chapter of the course explains how to market your ebook, including setting up a website, finding fans on social media, and engaging with reviewers and bloggers.
- Understanding ebook retail and distribution
- Formatting ebooks for Amazon
- Formatting ebooks for other retailers
- Designing a table of contents
- Adding chapter text and images
- Designing a cover for an ebook
- Uploading ebooks to retailers
- Marketing your ebook
Skill Level Beginner
Ebook Retailer Overview
Formatting Interior Documents: Amazon
Formatting Interior Documents: Other Retailers
Cover Design Creation
Introductory thoughts4m 9s
Uploading to Retailers
Marketing and Author Platform
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.