Join Jason Matthews for an in-depth discussion in this video Uploading to Barnes & Noble, part of Learning Ebook Publishing.
- Uploading at Barnes & Nobles is done through NOOK Press,…so just sign in, it's free,…as it is at all of these places,…and click the Create New Project button.…And then you're going to have to give your project a name,…and get started with it.…Now on the left are all of the options…and description and things like that.…By now, it's kind of old hat…and you know how to do all these things.…We're just gonna upload our manuscript,…again, they take DOC or DOCX,…or you could use your HTML file or an EPUB.…
So we're just gonna click Upload New Manuscript,…and we're going to choose our Barnes & Noble version,…which we created, which, remember…it does not have page breaks, it has section breaks…to create new screens, that's very important.…And we will upload it,…and it's working.…Okay, and there it is,…and one thing you'll notice is,…it will say how many chapters…it detected in your manuscript file,…and so that's gonna give you an idea…if it recognized your section breaks as new chapters.…
You can click the Preview button…
Jason also reviews crucial details such as table of contents formatting and cover design, and he shows how to upload the complete ebook package to all the major retailers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and others. The final chapter of the course explains how to market your ebook, including setting up a website, finding fans on social media, and engaging with reviewers and bloggers.
- Understanding ebook retail and distribution
- Formatting ebooks for Amazon
- Formatting ebooks for other retailers
- Designing a table of contents
- Adding chapter text and images
- Designing a cover for an ebook
- Uploading ebooks to retailers
- Marketing your ebook
Skill Level Beginner
Ebook Retailer Overview
Formatting Interior Documents: Amazon
Formatting Interior Documents: Other Retailers
Cover Design Creation
Introductory thoughts4m 9s
Uploading to Retailers
Marketing and Author Platform
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.