Join Jason Matthews for an in-depth discussion in this video Table of contents - Universal method, part of Learning Ebook Publishing.
- I also want to explain another method…of creating a Table of Contents,…and I call it the universal method…because it works at every major retailer.…And in this method we're going to type out…each section title into the Table of Contents,…then we're going to go to the desired location…and insert a bookmark at each desired location,…come back to the Table of Contents…and create a hyperlink that will go to that bookmark.…I know it sounds complicated, but it's really not.…
Let's take a look at it.…Okay, here we are back at the Table of Contents.…Now I have actually manually typed these in,…these are not the same hyperlinks…that go to locations as before.…If I put my cursor here, it's not…going to go to the Acknowledgments.…I actually have to go down to the Acknowledgments…and create a bookmark.…This is no longer a Heading 1 setting,…this is actually Normal style…and I've changed it to size 16 font,…it's no longer a Heading 1 setting.…
So what I need to do is put a bookmark here.…So I'm going to go to the Insert tab,…
Jason also reviews crucial details such as table of contents formatting and cover design, and he shows how to upload the complete ebook package to all the major retailers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and others. The final chapter of the course explains how to market your ebook, including setting up a website, finding fans on social media, and engaging with reviewers and bloggers.
- Understanding ebook retail and distribution
- Formatting ebooks for Amazon
- Formatting ebooks for other retailers
- Designing a table of contents
- Adding chapter text and images
- Designing a cover for an ebook
- Uploading ebooks to retailers
- Marketing your ebook
Skill Level Beginner
Ebook Retailer Overview
Formatting Interior Documents: Amazon
Formatting Interior Documents: Other Retailers
Cover Design Creation
Introductory thoughts4m 9s
Uploading to Retailers
Marketing and Author Platform
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.