Join Jason Matthews for an in-depth discussion in this video Implementing Smashwords specifics, part of Learning Ebook Publishing.
- Okay, next, we're gonna be working with…our Microsoft Word document,…but the universal document,…the one that's not designed just for Amazon.…This has a different table of contents.…Let me scroll down to our table of contents.…These are manual hyperlinks,…they're not the way that we did with the Amazon method.…Let me scroll back up to the top.…Let's start with Smashwords,…because Smashwords is a smart…first place to go after Amazon.…The first thing I wanna do, is I wanna save this…as my Smashwords version.…
It's amazing how many people forget about doing…this because it's such an obvious thing to do.…Go through your File tab,…and choose Save As,…and then I'm gonna just type in the word,…instead of "universal", I'm gonna type in the word,…"Smashwords", and this is obviously something…that's smart to do for your Barnes & Noble,…your Kobo, any version that you create…that's for a specific retailer.…Then I'm gonna click Save.…Now, this is specifically for Smashwords.…
I'm gonna use the Show-Hide feature…just to see our formatting.…
Jason also reviews crucial details such as table of contents formatting and cover design, and he shows how to upload the complete ebook package to all the major retailers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and others. The final chapter of the course explains how to market your ebook, including setting up a website, finding fans on social media, and engaging with reviewers and bloggers.
- Understanding ebook retail and distribution
- Formatting ebooks for Amazon
- Formatting ebooks for other retailers
- Designing a table of contents
- Adding chapter text and images
- Designing a cover for an ebook
- Uploading ebooks to retailers
- Marketing your ebook
Skill Level Beginner
Ebook Retailer Overview
Formatting Interior Documents: Amazon
Formatting Interior Documents: Other Retailers
Cover Design Creation
Introductory thoughts4m 9s
Uploading to Retailers
Marketing and Author Platform
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.