Join Jason Matthews for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting to EPUB with Calibre, part of Learning Ebook Publishing.
- This is Calibre.…A lot of people pronounce it cal-ee-bray,…and that's how I used to pronounce it…until I heard the designer call it Cal-i-ber.…This is a really handy tool.…It's sort of an e-book management library system,…where you can do all different kinds of things with e-books.…For our needs, this is gonna be most useful…for creating EPUBs, especially for Google Play.…We can use either DOCX format,…or HTML webpage filtered to upload to Calibre…and then to create an EPUB with it.…
Just go to the website for Calibre…and click on the DOWNLOAD CALIBRE button.…Choose your operating system.…In our case it's Windows.…Then click the Download button and just follow the prompts.…I've obviously already got this,…so we're gonna open Calibre now.…When you first open Calibre…it will already be populated with this Quick Start Guide.…That's fine if you wanna read through this…or get a little tutorial on it.…You can also go to Youtube and do Tutorial for Calibre,…and get all kinds of information on it.…
But for us the most important thing…
Jason also reviews crucial details such as table of contents formatting and cover design, and he shows how to upload the complete ebook package to all the major retailers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and others. The final chapter of the course explains how to market your ebook, including setting up a website, finding fans on social media, and engaging with reviewers and bloggers.
- Understanding ebook retail and distribution
- Formatting ebooks for Amazon
- Formatting ebooks for other retailers
- Designing a table of contents
- Adding chapter text and images
- Designing a cover for an ebook
- Uploading ebooks to retailers
- Marketing your ebook
Skill Level Beginner
Ebook Retailer Overview
Formatting Interior Documents: Amazon
Formatting Interior Documents: Other Retailers
Cover Design Creation
Introductory thoughts4m 9s
Uploading to Retailers
Marketing and Author Platform
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.