Join Jason Matthews for an in-depth discussion in this video Chapter text and images, part of Learning Ebook Publishing.
- Alright, let's work with our individual chapters.…Now believe it or not,…a lot of the work here is already done.…So we're starting at Chapter One,…I'm gonna turn on the Show/Hide feature…so you can see the formatting that we have.…Now I typically like to start new chapters…either at the very first line, or the next line down.…I don't recommend multiple paragraph returns here.…You can try it, but a lot of devices…won't convert that when you upload.…So one or two lines is fine.…
You also may notice that we have left-justified text,…which means the text on the right…doesn't end in a straight line as you're used to…when reading in books or even ebooks,…but don't worry about that.…When you upload to the retailers,…they automatically convert left-justified text…into fully justified text,…so it won't appear this way on an ebook.…Now your first chapter heading…should be in Heading 1 settings,…and this one is of course,…if I put my cursor there you can see the Heading 1 settings.…
Now this is our Amazon KDP version, remember,…
Jason also reviews crucial details such as table of contents formatting and cover design, and he shows how to upload the complete ebook package to all the major retailers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and others. The final chapter of the course explains how to market your ebook, including setting up a website, finding fans on social media, and engaging with reviewers and bloggers.
- Understanding ebook retail and distribution
- Formatting ebooks for Amazon
- Formatting ebooks for other retailers
- Designing a table of contents
- Adding chapter text and images
- Designing a cover for an ebook
- Uploading ebooks to retailers
- Marketing your ebook
Skill Level Beginner
Ebook Retailer Overview
Formatting Interior Documents: Amazon
Formatting Interior Documents: Other Retailers
Cover Design Creation
Introductory thoughts4m 9s
Uploading to Retailers
Marketing and Author Platform
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.